Does the content marketing strategy for your website really make that much difference?
Think back to when you decided to have your company website built. You had specific goals in mind at the time – does it still do this for you:
- Increase website visitors
- Grow your brand
- Improve website conversion rates
- Generate more sales
- Establish your company as an authority
- Engage with your customers
- Increase customer retention
- Get noticed
Nobody wants to read old news.
The content of your articles and blog post should be new, fresh and original. It should be current with the times and present your readers with accurate information.
Why Google’s mission matters.
Original content is important for SEO. Google’s mission reads ‘to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.’
For Google to rank the content on your website, it must accessible and useful for your audience. Make it an addition to all the other information on the internet on your subject matter. Your website stands out when it offers your audience something unique.
What is original content?
Original content doesn’t necessarily mean new content. I might include:
- Your story
- Your professional opinion on a certain topic
- Your angle to a story
- An overview of previous information
- Structuring information in a new way
What to say to your audience.
Think about your audience – your readers. What do you want to tell them?
- What are the main points?
- What is the purpose?
- What do you want your readers to do after they read your article?