Today, having a mobile friendly website is absolutely critical to your success. Here are the first 5 reasons why. People check websites when they’re standing in line at the grocery store or sitting in the park. Anywhere there is an Internet connection, you can easily assume smartphone users are accessing websites.
- Approximately 75% of all access to the Internet in the US is through a mobile device, such as smart phones, tablets, and robots like Google Home and Alexa.
- According to the statistics, mobile commerce will make up about 45% of total online sales in the United States by 2020.
This boils down to more than $280 billion dollars. Why? Because users find it convenient to shop on the spot regardless of where they are.
We’re looking within the next five years or so for smartphone users make up the majority of all online income, with approximately 50% of that coming through voice search.
7 more reasons why it matters that your website is mobile friendly.
More searches are performed on Google from mobile technology than desktops in the United States. This includes business information, product details, reviews and more.
- About 60% of smartphone users in the United States make purchases at least once per month. As many as one in five will do so globally on a daily basis.
- As many as 53% of users will abandon a page if it takes longer than three seconds to load from a mobile device.
- More than 48% of millennial mothers digitally research a product (on their mobile devices) before buying from a store in person.
If you don’t have a responsive site, imagine what a 20% increase in daily sales would do for your company. The return on investment for even a small business could theoretically pay for itself within days from a properly designed mobile site.
Google is shifting search results to rank according to a mobile-first index. This is the technology they also use for voice command search, like Siri. This doesn’t mean that desktops are no longer considered, but it does mean a mobile friendly website will be given priority.
Interested in learning what makes your website mobile friendly? Contact us here: https://hyperspaceit.com/hyperspace-it-with-us/